The BP Amoco Marketers Association (BPAMA) is a trade association representing BP branded marketers and BP. In 2012, the Association made an historic shift in way it does business. The National Leadership Board (NLB) was created with a collaborative, strategically focused mission of positioning the BP brand as the brand of choice for marketers and consumers with brand growth that is profitable and sustainable, a pivotal platform in the midst of an ever-evolving industry.
The NLB is supported by the National Working Committees (NWC). The NWC will work to develop objectives and tactical solutions meeting the priorities established by the NLB guiding the BP brand to the #1 choice for customers and consumers, creating growth that is profitable and sustainable for both supplier and marketer. The NWC is comprised of marketers and BP representatives.
BPAMA is a powerhouse of knowledge in the petroleum marketing business. One of the key benefits of membership is the opportunity to interact within the membership to learn best practices and new ideas. We proudly claim many of the best and brightest in the industry as BPAMA Members!
- Marketers - Comprised of more than 300 BP branded marketers representing over 9,000 BP retail sites in the US. These marketers represent a diverse segment of the petroleum marketing industry.
- BP – Senior leadership of BP Products
- NA Affiliates – Industry vendors providing services and products to petroleum marketers.
- Pricing & Supply - Agreements on pricing consistency and supply reliability as well as establishing a process for answering marketers' questions.
- Brand Value - Development of a strategy to increase brand value by focusing on standards of performance, promotions, advertising, and measuring the value of brand by geographic area.
- Credit Card Marketing - Constant evaluation of fees and actions to increase value for marketers.
- Jobber Outlet Incentive (JOI) Enhancements - A financial incentive program for new and/or modernized retail investment.
- Jobber Benchmarking - A process of measuring how a business compares against other BP marketers.
- Annual Jobber Customer Satisfaction Survey - A monitoring process for measuring member satisfaction with the level of support provided by BP.
- Do-It-Yourself Reimage Program - A low cost, high value way to re-image.
- Credit and Terminal Control Management - A new method of evaluating credit limits and linking with the distribution terminals.
- Input into the development of programs and strategies for advertising, EPOS, credit card, and the portal.
- Branded Jobber Contract Updates
In addition to Marketer members, BPAMA invites vendors who market their products and services to BP branded jobbers to join the Association. Affiliate members not only bring new products and services, but also bring a wealth of knowledge to help marketers increase profitability and bring greater efficiency in their operations. This is a select group of companies who have a proven track record of serving the interests of BP marketers.
Representing jobber interests since 1974 (originating as the Southern Gulf Oil Distributors Association), BPAMA has remained a formidable force through significant historical and industry-sweeping changes. Today, BPAMA has emerged as the most effective association of its kind in the industry.