BPAMA drives a collaborative, strategically focused mission of positioning the BP brand as the brand of choice for Marketers and Consumers, with brand growth that is profitable and sustainable. BPAMA is a powerhouse of knowledge in the petroleum marketing business and the most effective Association of its kind in the petroleum industry. Over 80% of BP's branded volume is represented through BPAMA and over 20% of all BP Marketers are active in Board or Committee roles volunteering their time, expertise and business acumen to shape the strategy, programs and offers impacting the BP Marketer Channel of Trade.
BPAMA is managed by the 18 member National Leadership Board (NLB) which consists of 8 Marketers elected by their peers, 6 Marketers nominated to serve, 3 Senior Managers from BP, and the BPAMA Executive Director. While the NLB works on strategic direction wtih BP, they are supported by several Working Committees (WC). The WCs will work to develop objectives and tactical solutions meeting the priorities established by the NLB guiding the BP brand to the #1 choice for customers and consumers, creating growth that is profitable and sustainable for both supplier and marketer. The WC is comprised of both Marketers and BP representatives.
One of the key benefits of membership in BPAMA is the opportunity to interact with other leading Marketers to learn best practices and new ideas. We proudly claim many of the best and brightest in the industry as BPAMA Members!
Today's membership consists of:
- Over 165 Marketers representing over 6,000 sites throughout 28 states
- Over 60 Affiliate Members who are suppliers offering goods or services valued by our Marketers
- BP's Senior Leadership from their Marketing, Sales, and Supply businesses
- Supply - Agreements on supply reliability, communication protocols, working allocation issues, and establishing a process for responding to marketers' questions.
- Brand Value - Development of a strategy to increase brand value by focusing on standards of performance, promotions, advertising, and measuring the value of brand by geographic area.
- Credit Card Marketing - Constant evaluation of fees and actions to increase value for marketers.
- Jobber Outlet Incentive (JOI) Enhancements - Aligning with BP on how the financial incentive programs for new and/or modernized retail investments are targeted to increase growth.
- Jobber Benchmarking - A process of measuring how a business compares against other BP marketers.
- Do-It-Yourself Reimage Program - A low cost, high value way to re-image.
- Credit and Terminal Control Management - A new method of evaluating credit limits linking with the distribution terminals.
- Input into the development of programs and strategies for advertising, EPOS, credit card, and the portal.
- Branded Jobber Contract Updates
In addition to Marketer members, BPAMA invites vendors who market their products and services to BP branded jobbers to join the Association. Affiliate members not only bring new products and services, but also bring a wealth of knowledge to help marketers increase profitability and bring greater efficiency in their operations. This is a select group of companies who have a proven track record of serving the interests of BP marketers.