BPAMAThe BP Amoco Marketers Association (BPAMA) is a not-for-profit trade association representing BP branded Marketers and BP. BPAMA started as the Souther Gulf Oil Distributor's Association in 1974. The current Association and name came together in 1999 when Amoco and BP merged. Our membership has their roots with the Gulf, Sohio, Boron, BP, and Amoco brands.
BPAMA drives a collaborative, strategically focused mission of positioning the BP brand as the brand of choice for Marketers and Consumers, with brand growth that is profitable and sustainable. BPAMA is a powerhouse of knowledge in the petroleum marketing business and the most effective Association of its kind in the petroleum industry. Over 80% of BP's branded volume is represented through BPAMA and over 20% of all BP Marketers are active in Board or Committee roles volunteering their time, expertise and business acumen to shape the strategy, programs and offers impacting the BP Marketer Channel of Trade.
BPAMA is managed by the 18 member National Leadership Board (NLB) which consists of 8 Marketers elected by their peers, 6 Marketers nominated to serve, 3 Senior Managers from BP, and the BPAMA Executive Director. While the NLB works on strategic direction with BP, they are supported by several Working Committees (WC). The WCs will work to develop objectives and tactical solutions meeting the priorities established by the NLB guiding the BP brand to the #1 choice for customers and consumers, creating growth that is profitable and sustainable for both supplier and marketer. The WC is comprised of both Marketers and BP representatives.
One of the key benefits of membership in BPAMA is the opportunity to interact with other leading Marketers to learn best practices and new ideas. We proudly claim many of the best and brightest in the industry as BPAMA Members!
Today's membership consists of:
- Over 135 Marketers representing over 6,000 sites throughout 27 states
- Over 50 Affiliate Members who are suppliers offering goods or services valued by our Marketers
- BP's Senior Leadership from their Marketing, Sales, and Supply businesses
Value Added Successes
- Adds Value - Relationship with 6 vendors in our Premium Affiliate Program, each with a special offer for members
- Better Programs - Helped draft 2018 Helios Program, continued input into EMV programs, discussions on image refresh rollout, improved distribution of site image materials, and development support of mobile app
- Challenge BP - Pushed for changes to supply communications during events, ongoing discussions about how to help marketers compete with new competitors
- New Initiatives - Working with BP to change how supply communications works
- Education & Networking Opportunities - Board members spoke at Road Shows, BPAMA sponsored 3 webinars, and provided articles from industry subject matter experts
- Facilitated Strategic Thinking - Provided feedback on 2nd brand, reviewed new technology, and provided input into how Loyalty Programs are shaped.
In addition to Marketer members, BPAMA invites vendors who market their products and services to BP branded jobbers to join the Association. Affiliate members not only bring new products and services, but also bring a wealth of knowledge to help marketers increase profitability and bring greater efficiency in their operations. This is a select group of companies who have a proven track record of serving the interests of BP marketers.